More about the ShotByShot.com Apps
Ease of use? Our FREE apps have been designed as convenient and easy data entry tools for use while on the course. They have been designed to enhance the golf experience for our serious subscribers.
- The app does not need an internet connection to enter your data on the golf course.
- Accordingly, it will have almost no drain on your battery.
- Once you are logged in, you are always logged in. You can log out and log back in to update your course list from the website to your app.
- Well designed features are easy to see and use even in bright sunlight for those of us that need glasses to read. I refuse to have to fiddle with glasses on the golf course.
- Ease of data entry will have no impact on pace of play or the fun of your round.
- At the conclusion of your round, your key performance data has been recorded accurately. A quick check of the Summary screen and Submit to the website.
- If you do not have an internet connection, the app will let you know and save the data until you have a connection.
The data required for each hole is presented on one screen. We have included smart defaults to reduce the number of clicks needed.
For example, the default Approach Shot distance is the 150-175 yard range because we know that it will occupy the greatest number of shots for most golfers. Our 25 yard distance ranges are the same used by the PGA Tour in their analysis. The Approach Position will mirror the Driving result.
The GIR default is X or missed as the average golfer tends to average five GIR’s per round.
Chip/Pitch and Sand defaults are blank as they tend to be used less frequently. To indicate a successful shot or an error takes one simple click on those icons
The # Putts default is 2 as most holes are 2 putted.
To change any of these defaults, simply click on the field to display the other options.
The Score will be prompted based upon the entries above; however, it will not ALWAYS be correct. To change it just click on the box.
On average, it should take no more than 4 or 5 clicks per hole, regardless of your score or about 10 – 15 seconds per hole.